Bakit Importanteng Malaman ang Difference Between SSS Self-Employed vs. Voluntary Member?

Para hindi masayang ang pera at tiempo kung sakaling merong mali sa registration and payment contribution. Baka kasi magbayad ka ng contributions sa SSS na hindi ka nag-register ng tama. 
Kahit meron ka nang SSS number, hindi ibig sabihin ay puede ka nang magbayad ng contributions. Merong procedures na susundin. Kaya dapat alamin kung ano ang Difference Between Self-Employed vs. Voluntary Member.  

There are 6 kinds of SSS members:

1. Employed
2. Self-Employed
3. OFW
4. Non-Working Spouse
5. Employer
6. Voluntary

Lahat ng unang lima sa listahan: Employed, Self-Employed, OFW, Non-Working Spouse at Employer ay puedeng agad magbayad ng contributions sa SSS pagkatapos ma-register sa SSS as Employed, Self-Employed, OFW, Non-Working Spouse o Employer).

Ang Voluntary ay naiiba. Hindi puedeng mag-register sa SSS as Voluntary then magbayad ng contributions. Sa Personal Record form ng SSS, na ginagamit sa pagkuha ng SSS number at ginagamit din sa pag-register ng membership, 3 lang ang nandoon: Self-Employed, OFW at Non-Working Spouse.  Ang Voluntary ay wala sa form. Ang Employed ay inire-report ng Employer sa SSS sa ibang form. 

Matatawag ka lang na Voluntary member of SSS pagkatapos kang naging Employed, o pagkatapos kang naging OFW o pagkatapos kang naging Self-Employed.  At hindi ka na kelangang magpunta sa SSS para ipaalam sa kanila na natapos ka na as Employee, or hindi ka na OFW or hindi ka na Self-Employed. 

Ang gawin mo lang is magpatuloy kang magbayad, make sure na tama at complete yong amount mo (ibig sabihin ay  nasa Table of Contributions for Voluntary, Self-Employed and OFWs yong amount), isulat mo na Voluntary ka, at later on, SSS na mismo ang mag-update ng type of membership mo to Voluntary.    

Tip: Sa online payments, wala usually yong type of membership, so sa unang pagbayad mo as Voluntary, magbayad ka muna  sa SSS branch o sa Bayad Center o sa mga accredited collectors over the counter. Sa susunod, puede ka nang mag-online payment sa Bayad Center app o Paymaya o iba pang online collector ng SSS.


. Member who was Previously Employed or formerly an OFW, and now Unemployed, or now has own source of income.

. Member was properly reported by his employers to SSS. His contributions as Employee were remitted to SSS by his former employers.

. If member started his SSS membership as OFW, he registered using OW-1 form (ngayon ay Personal Record form na), and sent this form from abroad, or presented his OEC or proof of being OFW when he filed his OFW form at an SSS branch.

. Member has a Date of Coverage.

He has paid contributions as Voluntary.  After a member pays his contributions as Voluntary, his contributions will be posted as Voluntary payments, and his Member Category automatically changes from Employed to Voluntary, or from OFW to Voluntary. 
(Ngayon daw, hindi na automatic, maraming nagre-reklamo sa Facebook ng SSS na hindi agad naa-update.)


 . This member registered with SSS as Self-Employed using the RS1 form (ngayon ay Personal Record form na), together with proof of source of income as Self-Employed. The form was approved and stamped by SSS.

.  He is earning income from his business, like buy-and-sell, sari-sari store, beauty shop, direct marketing, or online selling.

.  Some are professionals who are not employed by companies or other people. They earn their own income. Examples are independent accountants, dentists, tutors, or therapists who are paid directly by their customers.

. He has a Date of Coverage. He was given a Date of Coverage after his RS1 application was approved and his first monthly contributions were posted.

. His SSS contributions were posted as Self-Employed contributions.


So I don't have to present proof of source of income?

If you are not Employed, but you are earning money from your own business,  profession, occupation, register first as Self-Employed using the RS1 form (now Personal Record form).
Present this form, your ID and proof of source of income to the SSS officer and have it approved and stamped or signed. After approval, you can pay your first contribution using the RS5 form.

Can I Be an SSS member even if I have no job, no business, no occupation, and no source of income?  

I'm being supported financially by my parents.

Sori, no.
SSS membership is only for people who earn their own money. 

The only exception is the wife or husband of an active SSS member.  The Non-Working Spouse category is allowed because the wife or husband is also working as manager of the household. The form used for Non-Working Spouse registration is the NW1 form (ngayon ay Personal Record form na).


Anonymous said…
In case for government employees who wish to be members of SSS. How are they registered, as Voluntary Members or Self Employed?
Nora said…
Para sa mga Filipinos who were registered by their private employers with SSS and had valid contributions prior to working with government, they can just continue to pay their SSS contributions as Voluntary while being employed by the government. No more SSS form to make the change.
For those who worked right away with government, and never registered nor contributed to SSS, they should register as Self-employed. Use the
SSS Personal Record form (E-1)
. You fill up Profession/Business, Year Started, and Monthly Earnings. Bring your IDs and birth certificate (kapag wala ka pang SSS number). Usually the SSS officer will ask you about your self-employment or your business or the source of your income (NOT your government employment). It could be your buy and sell, sari-sari store, kainan, franchise, etc.) They'll also usually ask for proof, like business permit, or tricycle ownership, independent real estate agent (not employed) or commission receipts, etc.
Anonymous said…
My sss coverage status is currently under Voluntary Member. I have recently put up my own business and already processed all the necessary government registrations. I would like to have an SSS Online Employer account. If i supplied my details in the registration as the owner in the employer details, will there be any conflict on my existing online MEMBER account?
Nora said…
About member and employer account: No, there will be no conflict, since you will enter the SSS online system through 2 options: MEMBER or EMPLOYER. When you get to the second phase of Employer enrollment in which your name, SSS number and email are required, enter the same exact data in your online MEMBER account. You said you've already completed your government registrations, so you already have an SSS Employer ID?
Anonymous said…
Thank you for the clarification and yes, i do have an assigned SSS employer ID for my business already. getting ready now for another complex procedures..... :) :) filing, payments, computations, deadlines.... :)
Nora said…
That's great! May your business continue to succeed! Kudos for including SSS in your list of priorities. It will be a great help to your employees and their families and I hope your employees will give their best to their jobs and responsibilities.
Anonymous said…
hi, Good evening. nag process po ako last mar 2021 s mismo SSS ng change status ko from employed to self employed and as per SS staff after 3-4weeks pwede ko na sya macheck thru online pero pag check ko hindi padin po updated status ko. Voluntary and OFW lang yung nag appear sa membership type and sabi sa bayad center na pinuntahan ko as VOLUNTARY na din daw po yon, and okay lang daw po na idisregard ko yung amount na binigay sakin ng SSS bahala na daw ako pumili ng amount na ihuhulog ko. Okay lang po ba yon kahit mas mababa sa amount n binigay ng SS ang ihulog ko? worry ko po kasi baka maghulog ako as voluntary na dapat self employed and sa amount n sinabi ni SSS since my naka declare s form ko na my business ako, baka po magkaroon pala ng problem kasi mali ang naka register sakin sa SSS. Looking forward to your response. Thank you and Godbless
Previous Post Next Post